What are the Things you should know about the Flight Attendant Training?
How to be a Flight Attendant?|FLIGHT ATTENDANT TRAINING GUIDE| MISSKAYKRIZZ
Here, I will be sharing about my flight attendant training experience to somehow impart knowledge to you. What are the things you should know about the flight attendant training?
1. Always be on time. Being on time is the most crucial in this industry because you can never be late in your reporting time. Some airlines will only up to 3 lates as no-show then when you get 4, you’ll be terminated - both in the training and actual work. No Filipino time is allowed in this industry.
2. Flight attendant training is paid.The pay depends on airline companies, either basic pay or they will just give you allowance. It’s better if you have savings to survive on this training because maybe the allowance will not be enough for your expenses.
FREE DOWNLOAD to: Top 10 Flight Attendant Interview Questions and Sample Answers by Miss Kaykrizz
3. Things to study. You have to know the aviation terms like A for Alpha, B for Bravo, etc. You’ll have a lot of stuffs of to memorize like name of cities and countries, airport codes (Manila-MNL, Cebu-CEB), GMT and how it works. You also need to study the company’s vision and mission, policy, rules and regulations, dos’ and donts’. The difficult part on this is when you study all about airplane’s equipment. Your grade should not be lower than 95% in the exams throughout the training, because safety is the priority. Please note that flight attendants don’t study how to make coffee or look beautiful. You study and train to save lives, to fight hijackers, and to identify high-risk people on the plane.
4. Service-job training. You’ll need to study how service is provided from knowing wines to handling difficult passengers. You will familiarize on the routine of a flight attendant, from boarding to landing. One of the perks is you can enjoy the food as well.
5. Swimming training.The training is more difficult in the Philippines, for 3 days. There will be drills, life jackets and rafts how-to’s. When the instructor says jump, you have to jump. If you don’t know how to swim, I suggest you better study.
The flight attendant training is for you to enjoy and feel your new career life. You will gain new friends on your batch, which can later on turn as your family in this new world. You just always be good to everyone to have a good environment and have fun.
Watch the video version of this article here:
If you are reading this and you still feel that you need more help, a support system or an interview coach for you flight attendant interview, check out the different ways Miss Kaykrizz can help you ace your flight attendant interview below.
Tired of flight attendant schools that will teach you the same training that airline companies will give you for free anyway? The ready for take off masterclass is an online course that focuses on giving you the tools and knowledge to pass the interview and stand out among other candidates even without the education, experience or the perfect looks. Get access now.
Do you need someone who can guide you on a one-on-one basis? Practice mock interviews and figure out what is it that you need to improve to pass your flight attendant interview. Book a session now.